If you’re wondering what a Nigerian puff puff is, you are not wrong for thinking so. Nigerian puff puff is a delicious snack prepared mainly with flour and a mixture of various baking ingredients. It is prepared by Nigerians and can be eaten anytime and anywhere. It can be eaten alone, with a soda or any choice drink of yours.
Nigerian puff puff also serves as a breakfast meal in most Nigerian homes as the flavor is out of this world when combined with Nigerian pap or custard. One taste of this delicious snack would leave you longing for more.
The beautiful part is that anyone can learn how to make Nigerian puff and do it excellently well, getting the same results. This article will guide you on the best processes to follow if you want to know how to make a Nigerian puff puff.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE NIGERIAN PUFF PUFF
Making Nigerian puff puff can be quite easy if you follow the procedure. You will need to prepare your ingredients before you begin the process of mixing them.
Ingredients needed to make Nigerian puff puff include:
- Two glasses of warm water.
- Two tablespoons of dried active yeast.
- Four(4) cups of flour.
- ½- ¾ cup of sugar.
- ½ Tbsp. salt.
- Deep fry groundnut oil
STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS TO MAKE NIGERIAN PUFF PUFF
- Combine your yeast, water, salt, sugar, and nutmeg. Wait for five to seven minutes after the combination.
- Pour in the flour and mix after adding it.
- Let the mixture rise for one to two hours under a clean, thin towel cover in a cool location.
- Put a deep fryer on low heat, add vegetable or groundnut oil, and stir. When frying puff pastry, ensure sure the oil is much to completely enclose the dough.
- By dropping a small amount of batter into the oil, you can determine whether it is hot enough. The batter won’t rise to the top of the deep fryer if the oil isn’t heated to the proper temperature.
- Pick up a small amount of the batter and drop it into the heated oil, being sure to keep your hands extremely clean.
- Be careful to fry everything until it is golden brown.
- Your cooked puff pastry should be taken out and placed on a fresh napkin in a tray and let rest for approximately a minute.
- Use the remaining batter to complete the frying procedure.
- If you want your puff puffs sweeter, add extra powdered sugar.
- Serve as desired. Your tasty Nigerian puff puffs should be ready to eat.
Nigerian puff puff can be served at any event. It can be an appetizer for birthdays, work gatherings, get-together meetings, etc. If you’ve perfected the art of making Nigerian puff puff, you can incorporate more ideas to make a sweeter and more tasty puff the Nigerian way!